The general assembly will take place on Wednesday, April 27th at 11:30 a.m., in room M-2107 of the Lassonde building. Members participating in the GA will have a union release of 90 minutes, then a free meal!
Details of the agreement in principle
- Better union leave approval
- Better layoff notice
- 35 (rather than 40)-hour work week confirmed
- Up to ten days of sick leave or family leave per year, rather than seven days for sick leave only
- A medical certificate can only be requested after three consecutive days of sick leave, rather than on the first day
- Better bereavement leave, now counted in working rather than consecutive days
- Better marriage leave, now five working days rather than consecutive days
- Group insurance now at the same level as that of other Polytechnique employees (except for dental), which is a major improvement.
- Wage increases:
- Minimum wage to be raised 10.1% over the term of the collective agreement, up to $40,300 as of September 1, 2024.
- The raises will be as follows:
- 2020: 0%
- 2021: 2% (retroactive to September 1, 2021)
- 2022: 2%
- 2023: 2%
- 2024: 2.25%
- Five-year collective agreement term (nearly two years already elapsed)