Who is a member of the unit?
You are members of the teaching assistants unit if you do, or have done in the last year, one of the tasks below.
- role: ensure the proper functioning of a group of practical work
- pay: for the period of practical work and may include work outside class
- role: answer students’ questions during practical work
- pay: for the period of practical work and do not include any work outside class
- role: correct assignments and exams
- pay: by time sheets, every hours devoted to correction have to be paid
- role: ensure the smooth running of the exam periods and compliance with rules
- pay: by time sheets, every hours of attendance in the examination room have to be paid
- role: in addition to the surveillance, responsible of an exam room and deliver the examination papers if necessary
- pay: by time sheets, every hours of attendance in the examination room or delivery have to be paid
Often, teaching assistants perform many of these tasks during a single session.
What is happening now?
The union is at work for the negociation of a new collective agreement.
Who do I contact?
Do you have specific questions on the progress of negotiations? Do you have any concerns, suggestions, recommendations, claims for the committee? You can contact :
The collective agreement for this unit has been signed on February 13th 2017, and is valid from February 13th 2017 to February 12th 2020.