Your collective agreement in 9 points
Excerpt from Appendix A on Wages – Current Rates
Since the minimum wage has been raised to $15.25 since May 1, 2023, the hourly rate for exam surveillance has been modified (Surveillant.e).
Integral version of your collective agreement
What is happening now?
Implementation of the new collective agreement
The union defending your interests
Who is a member of the unit?
You are members of the teaching assistants unit if you do, or have done in the last year, one of the tasks below.
- Role: ensure the proper functioning of a group of practical work
- Pay: for the period of practical work and may include work outside class
- Role: answer students’ questions during practical work
- Pay: for the period of practical work and do not include any work outside class
- Role: correct assignments and exams
- Pay: by time sheets, every hours devoted to correction have to be paid
- Role: ensure the smooth running of the exam periods and compliance with rules
- Pay: by time sheets, every hours of attendance in the examination room have to be paid
- Role: in addition to the surveillance, responsible of an exam room and deliver the examination papers if necessary
- Pay: by time sheets, every hours of attendance in the examination room or delivery have to be paid
Often, teaching assistants perform many of these tasks during a single session.
Who do I contact?
Do you have specific questions on the progress of negotiations? Do you have any concerns, suggestions, recommendations, claims for the committee? You can contact :