Your collective agreement in 9 points
Who do I contact ?
You have specific questions about the collective agreement or you want to contact the bargaining committee? You can contact:
- your work relationship representative : email@example.com
- your union advisor : firstname.lastname@example.org
- your responsible for coordination : email@example.com
- the union executive by clicking the “Executive” tab
Web site for postdoctoral fellows
Our trade union, PSAC, has produced a website with useful information for all postdocs of Quebec.
What is happening now?
Implementation of the new collective agreement
Details of the agreement in principle
- Better union leave approval
- Better layoff notice
- 35 (rather than 40)-hour work week confirmed
- Up to ten days of sick leave or family leave per year, rather than seven days for sick leave only
- A medical certificate can only be requested after three consecutive days of sick leave, rather than on the first day
- Better bereavement leave, now counted in working rather than consecutive days
- Better marriage leave, now five working days rather than consecutive days
- Group insurance now at the same level as that of other Polytechnique employees (except for dental), which is a major improvement.
- Wage increases:
- Minimum wage to be raised 10.1% over the term of the collective agreement, up to $40,300 as of September 1, 2024.
- The raises will be as follows:
- 2020: 0%
- 2021: 2% (retroactive to September 1, 2021)
- 2022: 2%
- 2023: 2%
- 2024: 2.25%
- Five-year collective agreement term (nearly two years already elapsed)
The union defending your interests
Who is a member of the unit?
You are members of the unit of employees postdoctoral fellows if you receive or have received in the past year, a salary that is managed by the Ecole Polytechnique. You just need a part of your salary coming from the Polytechnique for you to be a member. This includes :
This only excludes :